Amanda O'Neill (アマンダ・オニール Amanda Onīru ) is a young witch from the United States and one of supporting protagonists of Little Witch Academia. First introduced in the film The Enchanted Parade, she is one of three troublemaking girls alongside Constanze and Jasminka where in her case, guilty in repeatedly sneaking into Luna Nova's storehouses and toying with its security systems for fun.
Amanda is a tall girl who measures between 5'6" and 5'7". She has short orange hair with salmon undertones that points upwards. Her eyebrows have the same amaranth color and she has light green eyes. Her standard Luna Nova Academy uniform consists of a vest and dark blue skirt, with buttons in the center of the same color and a white shirt below. Like her friends Constanze and Jasminka, she completes her uniform with a green sash and hatband. She wears grayish-brown sports shoes with white laces.
When not in her uniform, she usually wears a pale blue tank top, along with dark brown shorts and white slippers.
Concept art reveals that Amanda originally wore red high-top sneakers instead of grayish-brown sports shoes.
In her male disguise, Amanda slicks her hair backwards and wears apparel that closely match those of Appleton Academy students; a black suit over a white shirt and tie, gray pants and black shoes. Coupled with her inherently tomboyish nature, Amanda's boyish appearance is remarkably convincing and handsome, as not only most Appleton students failed to suspect something off in her, but also resulted Hannah to develop a crush on her without realizing she is actually a girl. 
Amanda is by her own description a "rebel". An unruly and fun-loving child, she has little respect for authority and is primarily motivated by hedonism. She has a very relaxed attitude towards her schoolwork almost to the point of apathy, and takes the easy way out whenever she has the opportunity. This is both a point of practicality ("Who cares how it gets done if it gets done?") and a result of a general reticence to exert effort when there's no fun to be had in it. In cases where she considers a task to be worth her time (particularly broom flying class), she puts her utmost enthusiasm into it and she refuses to conform to anything less even when her grades depend on it ("Fly free or don't fly at all").
Amanda is very athletic, being a tomboy with a talent for acrobatics, best exhibited when she flies a broom (a talent that led Akko to ask if she wanted to be a "broom dancer" when she finished school, in response Amanda said she hadn't thought that far in advance and just planned to have fun). She also appears to be somewhat of a kleptomaniac, as she was seen to steal in both The Enchanted Parade and "Don't Stop Me Now". While a staunch individualist, she has genuine compassion for her friends.
Abilities and Equipment
Amanda has great agility and speed when using her broom. She can easily dodge several obstacles at the same time and even evade complex security systems. She can also "dance" with her broom in a feat of acrobatics. Although she shows exceptional skill with broom flying, she is noted to be reckless with her flying by Professor Nelson, as Amanda enjoys flying more freely than her peers.
Like all academy students, Amanda has a wand that she keeps in her belt band. She can use a wand to cast spells and move various objects according to her steps as shown at the beginning of the parade in the film The Enchanted Parade.
While it appears she has yet to receive a formal training, Amanda is a formidable combatant, adopting a rather unorthodox fighting style that combines swift kicking and her natural agility should she had to face her enemies in close-quarters as shown in Chamber of Time game and when dueling Louis. Additionally, she is a capable swordswoman, demonstrating moderate to considerable skill in using swords. She also demonstrated the ability to repair a bent rapier, and even fuse it with her wand to create a larger, dual-bladed sword.
- Personality-wise, Amanda is similar to Ryūko Matoi from Kill la Kill, another anime series produced by Studio Trigger.
- As shown in her early concept art during the development of The Enchanted Parade, Amanda has slightly different hairstyle where it resembles that of Rina. She also slightly shorter than Jasminka.
- Also, Amanda's working name at that time was Mandy.
- According to the official panel of Little Witch Academia at AnimeNEXT 2017, Amanda was intended to hailed from a wealthy family whose former matriarch (Amanda's great-grandmother) was a powerful fortuneteller. Using her abilities, her family prospered in growing their business empire, but with the loss of such an advantageous ability, Amanda's family sent her to Luna Nova in order to make her a fortuneteller as well in order to keep said company prosperous. Obviously, Amanda wasn't exactly thrilled with such idea. 
- Amanda is the only witch student at Luna Nova to wear different footwear in standard witch outfit compared to the other students. All Luna Nova students wear brown slip-ons as their standard witch outfits while Amanda wears sports shoes.
- As confirmed during Studio Trigger's livestream at Anime Expo's channel in Twitch, Amanda's residence is supposedly located at New York, USA, despite initially proposed at Boston.
- According to Arisa Shida during Studio TRIGGER's promotional livestream of Chamber of Time when inquired about Amanda's future after Luna Nova, she proposes that Amanda would have no idea about her dream and will still be trying to figure it out.