A Sorcerer's Stone (魔導石 Madō-seki?) is a magical artifact with the capacity to absorb and store magical energy from the Ley Lines. They are used in places where witches live, such as Luna Nova Magical Academy, as a source of power so that witches can use their magic freely.


The Sorcerer's Stone is a large, bright mint-green stone that continually shines through the magical energy contained in it. Its function is to store raw magical energy and then re-emitting it in a refined form usable by witches so that the witches can use their magic without any restrictions. In the past, witches were not reliant on the Sorcerer's Stone to use magic, as the cosmic Yggdrasil tree allowed unlimited use of magic anywhere, but ever since the Yggdrasil tree withered away, magic began to weaken, making its use virtually impossible. Afterward, the use of Sorcerer's Stones became necessary in order for the magic to be usable.

The range of effect of the Sorcerer's Stone is limited only to surrounding areas of about 3 miles over. Outside the effect range, witches are limited to using the energy contained in their magic wands. However, since its power reserve is low, magic can not be used consistently. Even though the invention of Magic Battery gives slight leverage in using magic in areas where magic cannot be used, this problem eventually solved with the implementation of the ley line routers.

About 90% of the energy of Luna Nova's stone is used by the witches, while the other 10% is directed to the Faeries who deal with the maintenance of the academy.


  • Sorcerers Stone was probably modeled after the Philosopher's Stone, or Stone of the Philosophers (Latin: lapis philosophorum), a legendary alchemical substance capable of turning base metals into gold and/or silver. It is also able to extend one's life and is often called the Elixir of Life, useful for rejuvenation and for achieving immortality; for many centuries, it was the most sought-after goal in alchemy.


Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.